Friday, January 23, 2009

Music.

I've been trying to find my niche in writing for a long time; something that would inspire me, that would keep me going through the tough times when the words just aren't coming. It's difficult to push myself through those periods where I just don't want to write, even though I know that I need to.

There's an intrinsic difference there, between want and need. Sometimes I want to write; it makes me joyful, content and excited. There are other times, however, where I know that if I don't, I'll be miserable. I might not want to do it, but I have to. It is a part of me that refuses to be denied, and it rears its ugly head if I try.

It took awhile, but finally, and embarrassingly, the Twilight soundtrack has given me the writing music that I need. It's the perfect balance of upbeat and depressing, sweet and sad, anxious and elated. I love every song on that soundtrack and it fits every mood; with a few of my own personal favorites thrown in, iTunes now has my "Writing Music" on it, and it keeps me going.

What do you do to keep yourself writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment