Thursday, January 22, 2009

Trying to become.

My name isn't important, but I'm 23 years old, I live in the middle of nowhere, and I am trying to become a writer.

It has always been my dream, and it terrifies me to think that I might not be able to pull this off. It frightens me more to think that I can, sometimes. I'm not sure what this blog will become -- I'm notoriously bad at actually keeping up with these things -- but there are some things that I need to do, and I know that I need to write every day.

I'm trying to become myself, trying to learn who I am and to fulfill this drive in me to sit here and type at my keyboard, watching words on my screen appear and hoping that some day, somewhere, someone will read them and I will know that they felt the same way that I did, when I was reading someone else's words and it struck a chord.

What are you trying to become?

No comments:

Post a Comment